Week 1 Reflection

Sunday - May 14th, 2023 @ 5:00 pm

Weekly reflection

My biggest takeaway from this week is how much progress I can make when I dedicate a lot of time to working on something I’m excited about. I started working on this piece in March, but was only able to dedicate about two hours a week to it; but this week I’ve made so much more progress than in the last two months combined (which makes sense since 25 hours a week is a lot more than 2 hours a week). It was really crazy to see how much more of the piece I could play on Friday than I could on Monday. While it was a little hard to stay focused on some days, I would say that my practicing went as planned, and I made the progress that I had hoped to make, if not more. 


I think the part of the piece that I made the most progress on is the lyrical middle section. When I played with Cheryl on Monday, I could barely play through it, hands separate. Now, I can play the entire thing hands together, with some struggle spots, but much, much improvement since Monday. Once I practice this section some more, I hope that I will have it memorized and near perfect so that I can dedicate the rest of my time to working on the harder and faster beginning and ending. I want to focus next week on the A section, and I think that if I spend the same amount of time and dedication on this part, I could possibly finish the piece by next Friday. 


I am really enjoying spending so much time practicing, whether it be on Fantasie Impromptu or on anything else I am chipping away at. I’m very glad to have this opportunity to dedicate this much time to something that I absolutely love but could not dedicate time to before. With all the time I have spent at the piano, I’ve not only been able to make substantial progress on my current piece, but I’ve also been able to fool around and sight read/attempt certain pieces that I have always loved and wanted to try. I am so excited for next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Reflection

Day 2

Day 5