Day 12

Saturday - May 20th, 2023 @ 11:00 am

Hours today: 3

Hours total: 53

Today, I was planning on sleeping in but was not able to, so I just decided to start practicing and get the day done earlier. I spent the day at home again, but actually stayed focused and worked for a solid three hours. I focused a lot on the articulation of the second page and beginning of the third page. That section has accents on the first note of each set of four for the first phrase, then it switches to accents on the second note of each set of four. I’ve been having a very hard time with that, and can’t really seem to get the accent on the second notes, probably because my hands are relatively small and it’s hard for me to play forcefully with my pinky. But it definitely got a little bit better throughout the day. I wasn’t able to work on dynamics as much as I’d liked to have since my piano isn’t super capable of making any sorts of dynamics. My pedal was clicking and bothering me so I tried playing without the pedal for a while and realized how out of sync my hands can be when I get tired, so I worked on that as well. Overall, a pretty boring day but I got some good focused hours in.


This is the section of Fantasie that I was having trouble with the articulation



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Week 2 Reflection

Day 13