Day 9

Wedensday - May 17th, 2023 @ 3:00 pm

Hours today: 7

Hours total: 42

Today, I started off my morning organizing more sheet music at home; it’s a miserable task because of the sheer amount of stuff I have to go through. I left to take my brother to school and was lucky enough to find that the chapel was unlocked for faculty meetings, so I was able to start right at 8:45 when I got here. I worked on tempo for a super long time before my right hand got tired and started to hurt. I took a break and futzed around with YouTube and tried once again to upload some videos, one was successful but the other wasn’t. I went back to work on note accuracy and then started playing some other pieces because I got bored. My new sight reading challenge for myself is Debussy’s Reverie; it is such a beautiful piece and it’s not very difficult so I am going to try and read a little bit more of it every day. I then fell down a YouTube rabbit hole of beautiful professional performances of my favorite pieces, but eventually returned back to practicing. I recorded myself a bunch of times and had to go through all of the footage, but I weeded out the best take and uploaded it down below!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Reflection

Day 2

Day 13