Day 4

Thursday - May 11th, 2023 @ 6:00 pm

Hours today: 4

Hours total: 18

Today was unfortunately not as productive as yesterday. I stayed home to practice on my own piano, despite its crumbling condition. I noticed after warming up that I had left my tote bag with all of my music in it at school :( so I did my best with an online pdf of the fantasie and grinded for about an hour. I wasn't as productive as I had hoped I would be today, so I switched to some sight reading with whatever music I had at home; I played some jazz, popular, and christmas! I tried to record some of my fun little sight reading pieces, but my phone has no storage so I have to go through and delete some stuff tonight. I took a brief break and returned to the piano for another hour of “practicing” (but really just playing the parts I already know how to play). I kept getting frustrated so I got up and left, and listened to some classical music on the way up to Proctor to close out my unproductive day of piano. 

Lessons learned today:

  • Don’t leave my books at school

  • Make sure that my phone has enough storage before recording

  • Sight reading can be fun when the pieces are easy

  • Listening to performances can be very educational


This is the Fantasie pdf that I was using for today


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Reflection

Day 2

Day 5