Day 3

Wednesday - May 10th, 2023 @ 1:30 pm

Hours today: 5

Hours total: 14

Today was by far my most productive yet. I got to the music studio at 8:30 this morning and have not left the building as of yet. I sat down on the grand piano for the first two hours; I spent about an hour on the 3rd and 4th pages of Fantasie Impromptu, and another hour going over the middle theme. I moved to the wall piano because Alyssa had a glass in the ensemble room, and continued to work on the middle section for about another hour. Before today, I could barely play the left hand through, but by the end of my practice section I was able to play through the entire middle theme hands together! I took a break and did some sight reading (as well as a little guitar) for another hour, and spent my last hour playing through the entire piece a bunch of times, not quite up to tempo but I was still able to play from start to finish. I don’t think I have ever played for five hours straight before, so I set a new personal record today! I’m definitely a little exhausted, especially from this piece, but I’m very content with the progress that I made today.


Middle theme progress (I definitely still have some work to do but it's a start!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Reflection

Day 2

Day 5