Day 11

Friday - May 19th, 2023 @ 3:30 pm

Hours today: 4

Hours total: 50

Today I wanted to get up and grind, so I took Ray to school and went to the music studio and worked for three hours straight. I started to play Fantasie when I realized that I might actually have memorized the entire thing. I still can’t play it at performance quality, and I need to work on dynamics, articulation, and tempo, but at least I can play it all memorized. I played it through without the music; the middle section was super rough as it’s slower so less muscle memory is involved, but I was super proud of myself for being able to do it. Below is a recording of one of my memorized attempts. As you can see, there are many times where I get lost and have to really focus on where to go next. As I mentioned before, I still need the music so that I can work on dynamics and articulation, so that is what I will be working on in the next few days. Once I left the music studio, I played a little bit more when I got home before calling it quits for the day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Week 2 Reflection

Day 13