Day 10

Thursday - May 18th, 2023 @ 7:30 pm

Hours today: 4

Hours total: 46

I spent the day at home, so I wasn’t quite as productive as I wasn’t super motivated to play on my crumbling piano. I worked pretty consistently for an hour on Fantasie, before going through all the sheet music I have been organizing and sight reading some fun little pieces. After making myself lunch, I repeated the same two hour cycle, working for a bit then fooling around for a bit. Even though I call it “fooling around”, sight reading is actually incredibly beneficial and I can feel myself getting much better at it just by “fooling around”. I’ve gone from sight reading simple popular tunes with easy left hand chords to being able to read easier Chopin waltzes, like Waltz in A Minor, and even parts of his Prelude in Db Major, a personal favorite of mine. I spent a little more than four hours total playing today, and even though I wasn’t quite as productive as the last few days, I still feel like I got a good amount of practice in order for today to be considered successful. I didn't even try to record myself as the quality of my home piano is just hard to listen to. Maybe tomorrow I will have some more progress footage!

Chopin's Raindrop Prelude (Prelude in Db Major) that I attempted to sight read today



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Week 2 Reflection

Day 13